Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 9 of my spiritual fast!

Focus...focus...focus; keep your focus. Fasting for long or short periods of time isn't without challenges. You're dealing with hunger pains, loss of weight, weaken strength, and temptation to take short cuts or bailout all together. I had to fight distractions again today. This time they are of my making. I found myself looking forward to the day when it is all over, so I can return to chicken fried rice and all of the unhealthy food I crave. Don't get me wrong, I am not about to quite or turn back. But, failing to keep my focus on the fast and allowing myself to crave food and count the remaining days is pure torture. Learn from my weakest, don't!! You must keep your head in the GAME! Don't allow your mind to wonder; it might seem all right at the moment, but it is counter productive. Your enemy the Devil has a sense about what is taking place in the spiritual realm; if he senses a breakthrough coming your way, he will dispatch the hounds of hell to head you off; he will try mind games to miss direct your attention or distract you away from your primary objective. Don't be mad with him, that's his J.O.B. Don't be distracted for even a moment. Your miracle has already left the heavenly realm; it is on its way to a destination predetermined by God. Wait before the Lord for the date, time, and location of your miracle. If the Devil thinks it is worth his time to attack you now, he must think that the miracle is HUGE! Remember, your enemies can't redirect your miracle, but if you allow them, they will redirect you away from it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pastor, Today's blog was just what I needed, it was very encouraging! I like what you said about...my miracle has left the heavenly realm. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do! I will stay "focus", even though that chick fila sandwich was calling my name. :) God bless, Olivia

Loyd Johnson said...

I feel your pain, but what God has for us far exceeds any momentary suffering-Amen!