Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 18 of my 21 day fast

In John 15:7, Jesus said, "If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be given you." Fasting and praying is a direct product of the words of Jesus. Fasting is a biblical principle, that even Jesus said that His disciples would practice in His absence. And praying connects us with the Creator on the most intimate level. Coupled together, you will emerge with a greater anointing and power of God in your life. Let's be real, why else will anyone in their right mind endure a 21 day fast! I have loss over 13 pounds to date, and expecting to lose a few more before it's over. The pain I have experienced in the last few weeks is the kind of pain I haven't experienced in years. Admittedly, the pain is familiar. Remember, I was seriously injured many years ago, and the pain I am experiencing is the resurrection of that pain because my body isn't as strong as it was a few weeks ago. I don't have energy to physically train. I only have the energy to pray and do a few well define things. But once again, that's the point! When the body was strong, the spirit was weak. Now, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is week-AMEN!!!!! It is in your weakness (flesh) that you are made strong (spirit). This fast is a success. Why? Because I have made a golden link with the Holy Spirit on a level that can never be broken, denied, or dismissed. Therefore, I am now operating on a new level of faith, new level of ministry, a new level of expectation and hope and joy in the Holy Ghost. I will certainly regain the weight, and put to death the pain I an experiencing at this very moment. What can you take from this rant? Well, simply this, walking in divine order is more than a notion. It is a reality for many believers willing to die to themselves and take of their cross and follow Jesus on a daily bases. If you are unwilling to do that, you will never be as strong as I am in the Lord. Why? Because of this fast, I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but it is Christ who lives in me!

No comments: