Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 10 of my spiritual Fast

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10. Today was a day of listening to the Holy Spirit of God; I didn't say much nor was I impress to do so. Why? Because I got a Word from the Lord about an area of prayer. Out of the still of my quietness, the Lord spoke into my life. It wasn't dramatic or drawn out, but He spoke with authority and power! Because of fasting and praying, I was especially sensitive to His presence and responded with "pure" humility. "What is your command Lord." I was astounded at the fact that I responded like the Apostle Paul did on the road to Damascus or like the prophets of old who had an undeniable encounter with Elohim. I was awe struck by the fact that every fiber of my being knew that it was a conversation between the creation & the CREATOR. I have waited with anticipation for a Word of any kind in relation to the purpose of my fast, and today was that day. But, what I heard wasn't what I expected; His Command wasn't what I anticipated, and rather than rejoicing in my flesh, I was humbled to the core of my spirit. I humbly ask the Lord to clarify His command, and again with authority and power he repeated the command. Clearly wasn't on my radar screen, but exactly what I needed. What should you take from my supernatural encounter? nothing! This one was strictly for me. But, if I might humbly make a suggestion, whatever answer you're seeking from our Lord, better ensure that it is Christ Centered and not Self Centered. Because if it is self centered, when He does speak, it will clearly bring you to your knees!

No comments: