Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 11 of my 21 day fast

Therefore, I urge you brothers/sisters, in view of God's mercy, that you offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Roman 12:1 This was a bitter/sweet day. It was bitter because I have loss about 10 pounds and I was extremely weak; I have restricted myself to a all natural diet without salt or sweeteners, and processed foods. The results: everything I eat taste bland, and my appetite don't like bland! So, I loss a lot of weight fast! I am back to my old body weight that I hate-Amen! I am experiencing radiating pains down my back-normal for long periods of fasting. Factor this into a workday and you can imagine the rest. BUT GOD! The sweet is the worship and personal bible reading this morning; the sweet is the sacrifice of worship in His presence through the pain. The sweet is that I wouldn't have accomplished half of what I accomplished today if it wasn't for His prompting. The sweet is the final answer to my prayers came today-Amen! And no I didn't shout, scream, or holler! Once again I fell to my knees out of obedience and pledged to do His will and not minds. And having an analytical mind, I asked the Lord, can I end the fast now! I had a moment of weakness-the flesh. But the Lord said No! He said: I got my answer, but I haven't gotten the blessing! When I get it- I will forever be changed! If you are still waiting for your answer-wait in His presence. Psalms 27: 14 Wait on the Lord: Be of good courage, and He will strengthen your hand. Besides, getting what you want does not mean that's all God has for you-comfort yourself with that!

No comments: