Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 5 of my 21 Day Fast

Can't speak for Daniel from the book of Daniel, but it would be great if I didn't have any other responsibilities for 21 Days but to seek God. But, distractions - distractions - distractions. Life is full of distractions. You know, that just might be the point. That is, when you're seeking God with your whole heart, you must by an act of your on will reduce the number of distractions that will clearly break your focus on God. I think so! The burden of responsibility rest with us to seek God during a period of fasting and prayer. Isn't that why we endeavored to fast? So God's responsibility is mostly to watch and hopefully admire the faithfulness of His children as they practice abstinence in major areas of their life in seeking Him. Day 5 went so fast that I'm going to call it a "blur." The only notable exception was my time in quiet solitude with God. Seriously, if it wasn't for placing God on the front-end of this day, I am absolutely sure that this day would have been stressful.

No comments: