Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 17 of my 21 day fast

Day 17 started by maintaining my spiritual discipline of prayer & praise in the presence of God. Started reading the final New Testament Book of John about the Gospel of Jesus-personal devotional. I have really been drawn into a deeper sense of His presence because of the personal reading and prayer. I am honestly feeling overwhelmed by the knowledge that after the fast ends, and I return to my normal routine, I will no longer have this level of intimacy with the Holy Spirit of God. Intimacy on any level births something special, something with meaning & purpose. I honestly covet fellowship with the Holy Spirit each day. The revelation from this fast is the fact that there is another spiritual level of faith and obedience with God. Every child of God can experience a deeper level of faith and communion with the Holy Spirit, it just requires our time and commitment to develop and maintain a high level of intimacy. I compare this statement with marriages for a deeper understanding. Whenever I witness great marriages, I see a level of intimacy and dedication that's fireproof! Likewise, when I witness weak marriages, I see the opposite. Jesus said, "when the Holy Spirit comes, He will lead you and guide you into all truth." With Him, I see deception, and falsehood very clearly. With Him, I feel stronger, wiser, and more powerful than any enemy. QUESTION: Why would anyone in their right mind want to give that up? Now you see my dilemma; how do I return to my normal routine without jeopardizing the level of intimacy with the Holy Spirit that has developed over the last 3 weeks? I don't have the answer at the moment, but I am convinced of one universal fact, when you love someone, there is just about nothing you won't do to keep them! And I have fallen in love with the Holy Spirit of God-did you get that?

No comments: