Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 15 of my 21 day fast

"Submit yourselves, to God, resist the Devil and he will flee from you. James. 4:7 Today was a spiritual challenge for me. Up to this point I haven't had demonic attacks that really broke my spiritual focus, but today was that day. Jesus taught His disciples to rebuke the enemy with the authority they had in Christ Jesus; James, the brother of Jesus taught the early church to resist the Devil and he will give up for a time. But if you don't resist his powers, you will be destroyed by them. You would think that with all of this biblical knowledge that I would be stronger than that! Me too! But, there is a notable exception, fasting. Remember, fasting humbles the soul and focuses your thoughts. If you allow something to become your focus, it will be dramatically intense, whether good or bad. Well, I made a mistake, I don't like mistakes; we all make them, but discipline has taught me to minimize them! But, when I do make mistakes, I typically analyze them and adjust. But this time, the enemy twisted the mistake into a sharp object that has haunted my every thought. Even with the voice of my God urging me to move on, I found myself paralyzed by the reoccurring thoughts. O' wretched man that I am, who can deliver me from this body of sin. Sin! Yes! Failing to obey the unction of God is pure sin, no matter how it's packaged. What shall I do? What else can I do? Submit myself to God and resist the devil. What is the point of sharing my spiritual struggle with you today? We all struggle now and then, even leaders. But, the child of God who can overcome the gripping power of the evil one, walks in the light; Light always shines in the darkness and the darkness has to flee. The point is simply this, when you're facing life's test and trials, stand on the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. You will find your way, no matter how difficult it might be!

No comments: